Are you or a loved one struggling with dealing with depression. Are you looking for treatment for depression and live in or nearby the Baltimore or Columbia area? At PsychCare, we specialize in treating clients with depression.
Everyone has times when they feel down or depressed. Depression becomes more of a significant issue and meets diagnostic criteria when symptoms persists for at least two weeks in adults or one week in children or adolescents. For a diagnosis of Depression, at least five of the following nine symptoms have to be present:
– Depressed mood during most of the day, particularly in the morning
– Loss of energy or fatigue almost every day
– Insomnia or hyperinsomnia (excessive sleeping) almost every day
– Worthlessness or feelings of guilt almost every day
– Impaired concentration and indecisiveness
– Significant lack of interest and pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day
– Recurring thoughts of death or suicide
– A sense of restlessness or feeling that actions are slowed down
– Significant weight gain or loss (a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month)
Depression is highly treatable. Call us today for treatment for Depression in Baltimore, MD at 410-343-9756 or complete the form on the right.